Do you write a blog for your business and keep posting to it regularly? It’s a great way to talk about your industry, provide information about your business, and to entertain. It’s also a great way to build a following for your business. Yet many business owners ask how to make people aware of their blog and to attract followers.
25 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Business Blog
- Tell everyone you have a blog
- Post your blog name and link in your email signature
- Include your blog link on your business cards, stationery and all forms
- Add your blog link to your bio
- Post snippets of your blog posts on your social media with links to the blog
- Add your blog link to your social media profiles
- Be active on your social media accounts and social networking sites like StumbleUpon and Mixx
- Visit blogs with similar content to yours and post a comment with a link to your relevant blog post
- Be a guest blogger on someone else’s site–look for those with high traffic. Link to your blog in your signature.
- Create promotional items for your business like pens, mugs, or other giveaways with a cute slogan and a link to your blog
- Create a business newsletter and highlight certain blogs with links to entire post
- Learn about how Google works, including keywords, tags, metatage, page ranking and linking rules
- Read books on how to blog like Blogging for Dummies by Susan Gunelius
- Submit your blog to online directories
- Create videos and insert your blog link into the video. Create your own YouTube channel.
- Submit posts as articles to online magazine-type sites with links back to your blog
- Post classes, online classes, services, barters, forums, and seminars on Craigslist and other event sites, with links to your blog
- Issue a press release on a relevant blog post to the media
- Do a giveaway that encourages people to go to your blog to learn more and register
- Create a weekly post that lists the top five favorite posts, or any top 5 list
- Create a controversial topic and encourage others to post their opinions
- Write an e-book. This could be a compilation of subject-similar posts.
- Attend seminars, workshops and conferences on blogging
- Write articles for magazines, newspapers and online media with links back to your blog
- Most importantly, write content people want to read, learn from, and talk about.
Need a Blog Writer? Contact All the Buzz.
If you need help coming up with topics to write about, or would like to hire an independent writer to write your blog posts for you, contact us here at All the Buzz. We have a system, including the 25 ways, for creating great (and award-winning) blog content that gets noticed. Learn to drive traffic to your business blog with All the Buzz.