As social media continues to grow, some of the things we thought we knew about it have changed. Here are some of the latest statistics for 2018.
• 95% of adults aged 18-34 online are likely to follow a brand via social networking.
• 71% with a good experience with a brand will recommend it to others.
• Visual content gets 40% more views than other types of content.
• 50 million small businesses use Facebook Pages to connect with customers. Four million of these pay for Facebook advertising.
• 68% of marketers have posted video content on Facebook.
• The best time to post is 3PM on Wednesdays, 12-1PM on weekends, and 1-4PM on Thursdays and Fridays.
• There are 1.5 billion monthly active users.
• More than 50% of views come from mobile devices.
• The average mobile viewing session is 40 minutes.
• There are 133 million in the US, with 40 million being students and recent college graduates.
• 40% of members use LinkedIn daily.
• 41% of millionaires used LinkedIn.
• The average user spends 17 minutes here.
• Fewer than 25% of Twitter users have active accounts.
• 92% of users click links.
• 78% of those who post a brand complaint expect a response within an hour.
• Follower engagement rate is 58X higher than on Facebook and 120X higher than on Twitter.
• 90% of users are younger than 35.
• Media brands are the most active. Businesses are not highly represented here.
• 71% of users are under 34 years old.
• 70% of users are female.
• Average use time is 40 minutes a day.
–Excerpted from 21 Social Media Marketing Statistics You Need to Know in 2018 by Liis Hainla; LinkedIn by the Numbers: Stats, Demographics & Fun Facts by Salman Aslam; Snapchat by the Numbers: Stats, Demographics & Fun Facts